There's little room for parody in a year with so many over-the-top "performances" from politics yet one message tops my mind at the other end of the spectrum of speeches - credibility. That message involved:
• sparing use of apt examples
• "above the fray" yet direct response to spreading falsehoods against a candidate
• emotional weight
• intellectual, sequential structure
• underlying presumption of good will by all candidates
• congruence between the language and the "body language" in which the message was conveyed.